Are your cruise deposits & bookings protected?
There are some fantastic offers in the market at the moment for cruises. And it's definitely no secret that to get the best cruise deals and cabins, it's wise to book as far in advance as you can. But that also means that it's advisable you safe guard your deposit & travel arrangements because life has an annoying habit of sending us curve balls when we least expect (or need!) them. Having insurance means just one less thing to worry about right from the get go, and all the way through to landing (or cruising) back onto home soil.
Wondering what on earth you'd need cover for... especially so far in advance? Here's a list of some of the common claims received from cruise travellers:
Cancellation prior to travel
- Cruises, especially the longer cruises, are frequently booked many months (even a year in advance) - cancellation due to illness, injury, medical operations and even death can easily occur in the months prior to a cruise
- Cancellation prior to departure will result in the loss of deposits paid and in other instances full cancellation fees often apply
- Weather is the main culprit for travel delays, flight cancellation and cruises being delayed or rerouted, e.g: cyclones, fog or snowstorm delaying connecting flights prior to cruise commencing
- Motion sickness, gastro, chest infection, viral illnesses, sunburn, sprained ankle
- Swimmers ear/ ear infection
- Seizure, DVT, stroke, heart attack. ShipЎ¦s doctor is expensive & air ambulance from the nearest island or mainland airport may be necessary in a medical emergency
- Continued medical costs upon returning to New Zealand.
- Lost spectacles, hearing aids and damaged dentures
- Cameras, smartphones and electronic items dropped in the sea whilst participating in water activities
- Delayed/ lost luggage prior to boarding cruise
And check out this flyer for full list of covered shore-excursions - plus Josie's real life scare on a cruise in Singapore.
Talk to your travel agent about Cover-More's full range of travel insurance that will act as cover for:
- All types of cruises - short local cruises, lengthy cruises in exotic destinations and river cruises
- Cruise shore excursions for example scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing and scooter hire
- Cancellation of cruise prior to travel
- Existing medical conditions
For more information, click on 'Cover my trip' below:
Or alternatively click here for an online quote.