Discover remote, untouched landscapes thriving with an abundance of wildlife, lush rainforests clinging to dramatic peaks, waterfalls, spectacular ice-carved fjords and pristine mountain to sea vistas. This itinerary offers a unique and boutique perspective of NZ from Doubtful Sound to Milford Sound via the lesser known Nancy, Caswell, George, Bligh Sounds.
- Arrival transfer Queenstown airport to Queenstown Park Hotel
- One-night pre-cruise at Queenstown Park Hotel in a Gondola room, with pre-dinner drinks & canapes, cooked breakfast
- Transfer from Queenstown to Lake Manapouri
- Scenic boat transfer across Lake Manapouri and coach over the Wilmot Pass to Deep Cove Doubtful Sound.
- 6 nights onboard Fiordland Jewel - Doubtful Sound to Milford Sound
- Full cooked & continental breakfast, lunch, 3-course dinner, snacks, complimentary tea & coffee onboard
- Kayaks, tender boat excursions, Top-deck hot tub
- View the crew dive, or pull craypots for a lobster lunch or dinner
- View ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) Underwater Explorations
- Cabin amenities: Evolu toiletries, hairdryer, linen, bath towels
- Coach Transfer Milford Sound to Queenstown
DAY 1 Queenstown
Transfer by shuttle, Queenstown airport to the boutique Queenstown Park Hotel. Explore Queenstown at your leisure. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks and canapes at your hotel.
DAY 2 Queenstown – Lake Manapouri – Doubtful Sound (B, D)
Transfer from Queenstown to Lake Manapouri. Your adventure starts with a scenic boat transfer across the lake to West Arm, and coach transfer over the Wilmot Pass to Deep Cove. Capture breath-taking vistas of Doubtful Sound and the surrounding Mountains. Embark Fiordland Jewel midafternoon for your 7day/6-night Fiordland Adventure to Milford Sound.
DAY 3 Doubtful Sound (B, L, D)
Explore the many arms and islands that make up Doubtful Sound. Choose kayak or tender boat excursions to explore inlets and bays. Waterfalls are gloriously abundant in the area with Helena Falls at Deep Cove tumbling some 220 metres, and in Hall Arm - Browne Falls cascade 619 metres.
DAY 4-6 Doubtful Sound – Milford Sound (B, L, D)
Cruise the length of Doubtful Sound and spend the next few days visiting Nancy, Caswell, George and Bligh Sounds enroute to spectacular Milford Sound.
Day 7 Milford Sound (B, L, D)
Enter the magnificent Milford Sound. Incredible scenic cruising highlights include Bowen Falls, Sinbad Gully, the world-renowned Mitre Peak, Mt Pembroke, Bridal Veil Falls and Fairy Falls. We then venture up the north side of the fiord past Dale Point, the Piopiotahi Marine Reserve, Seal Rock, Stirling Falls, The Lion and the Cascade Range. Anchor at Deepwater Basin for the night.
Day 8 Milford Sound – Queenstown (B, L, D)
Awake to the sounds of the sounds on your last day of this adventure cruise. Watch the sunrise over a continental breakfast before arriving at the Milford terminal. Your farewells to newfound friends. Disembark for your coach transfer to Queenstown (Mid-afternoon arrival).