Let’s go North to Alaska ... well... Paihia actually! First stop the village of Mangawhai – beaches, great food, olive oils, wine and breath taking scenery, then Paihia—your launching pad to explore the Bay of Islands. Known for its beaches, scenery and early NZ histories, the Dolphin cruise will get you out on the water amongst the 140 islands that make up the Bay of Islands. Stunning Hokianga Harbour boasts authentic coastal towns which were once thriving centres in the early days of NZ, and are now smaller communities with their own unique and special character. The Twilight Encounter at Waipoua Forest is often referred to and ‘lifechanging’ and will be a highlight of your natural north experiences.
Itinerary Highlights & Package inclusions:
Mangawhai * Paihia * The Hokianga * Matakohe
· 5 days car rental - Auckland return, unlimited kms, standard insurance
· 1-night accommodation at the Mangawhai Lodge, Mangawhai
· 2-night accommodation at Appledore Lodge, Paihia
· Discover the Bay Cruise ('Hole in the Rock' & Dolphin watching)
· 1-night accommodation at Hokianga Haven B&B
· Twilight Encounter in Waipoua Forest
· Kauri Museum, Matakohe entrance fees.
· Detailed day by day itinerary
· Meals - 4 x breakfasts, 1 x lunch