NZ ‘s beauty and wonder is a daily pageant, but some special highlights can only be seen or experienced at night. This unique and boutique self-drive package showcases fabulous New Zealand by night, including the stunning and exciting annual Festival of Light in New Plymouth. The Festival of Lights is held in Pukekura Park in the heart of the city, and it transforms the park into an illuminated wonderland each evening. This is a free event which runs from mid-December to early February, and has a daytime and night time programme of events for people of all ages.
- 7 day Car Hire Auckland—Auckland unlimited Km’s
- 1 night accommodation Hotel Britomart, Auckland
- Evening Kiwi spotting in Tawharanui with picnic dinner
- 1 night accommodation Stargazers B&B, Kuaotunu
- 1 night accommodation Trinity Wharf , Tauranga
- Glow Worm Kayak Tour
- 1 night accommodation Regent Hotel, Rotorua
- Redwoods Tree Walk by Night
- 1 night accommodation Villa Walton, Matamata
- Wai O Tapu Geothermal Entry
- Evening guided tour of Hobbiton with Banquet Feast
- Footwhistle Glowworm Cave Tour, Waitomo
- 2 nights accommodation King & Queen Hotel, New Plymouth
- Festival of Light, New Plymouth
- Meals as detailed
Day 1: Auckland (D)
Arrival transfer airport to Hotel Britomart, Auckland Evening kiwi spotting guided walk Tawharanui Regional Park with picnic supper.
Day 2: Coromandel - Kuaotunu (B)
Collect rental car and explore the Coromandel Peninsula.
Day 3: Tauranga (B)
Glowworm Evening Kayak Tour.
Day 4 Rotorua (B)
Redwoods Tree Walk by Night.
Day 5 Matamata (B,D)
Wai O Tapu Thermal Wonderland. Guided tour through the Shire at dusk with banquet feast at Hobbiton.
Day 6 New Plymouth (B,L)
Waitomo Glow worm Cave excursion.
Day 7 New Plymouth (B)
Day at leisure. Departures 19 December 2020 to 31 January 2021 will have the chance to enjoy the Festival of Light show in New Plymouth.
Day 8 New Plymouth—Auckland (B)
Return to Auckland and drop car at Auckland Airport.