A fleeting visit to Hong Kong & Macau
I recently flew business class to Hong Kong with Hong Kong Airlines as they now operate daily from Auckland - check out my full review here.
On arrival, I stayed at The Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel, a five star property located on the Harbour front in Hung Hom. The hotel boasts a great roof top swimming pool and fabulous views across Victoria Harbour at any time of day.
Another plus is that it's easily accessible by courtesy shuttle from the Airport.
If your time in this exciting city is short, a great way to get around is to invest in a 2 day hop-on hop-off sightseeing pass that will ensure you visit all the must see places and attractions on offer.
I also took the time to visit Macau, travelling there by Turbojet ferry and staying at the Sofitel Hotel, located in the historic part of Macau.
I took my own advice and purchased a hop-on hop-off bus tour as it's a great way to see the highlights of Macau that included the Portuguese style Senado Square, ruins of Saint Paul's, ancient A-Ma temple and the Vegas style Casino Resort hotels of the Cotai Strip.
Returning back to Hong Kong, I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel Kowloon,located on the waterfront in Tsim Sha Tsui, just across from Nathan road. This location is superb for unparalleled views across Victoria Harbour to Hong Kong Island to capture the spectacular evening light shows.
- Do ask us to arrange for your prepaid Airport train tickets to ensure a hassle free, high-speed return airport transfer in air conditioned comfort.
- If Macau is on your must-do list, get us to pre-book the ferry tickets to avoid pesky queues.
- Don't miss the Sky 100 Observation deck.
- The hop-on hop-off ticket includes the Peak Tram admission, meaning you can jump the long queues, and if try to visit the Peak tram during meal times, it will make the queues even shorter.
- Stay in Kowloon to enjoy great night views of Hong Kong Island.
- If traveling in June, pack for hot weather and let us help you pick a great hotel that offers a pool and great views!