- The lift in the Burj Dubai (the world’s tallest building) has the world’s
highest elevator rise of 504m.
- Dubai’s airport serves as a hub for 125 International carriers. These fly to over
200 destinations worldwide.
- Dubai is the second largest emirate of The UAE with an area of 3,885 sq km.
- One of Dubai’s most interesting geographical features is the Dubai Creek, a natural inlet in the Arabian Gulf that divides the city into two parts.
- Dubai is a destination where one can explore the world dish by dish. There are more than 200 nationalities represented in Dubai.
- Archaeologists have found evidence suggesting that small fishing communities had settled the coast of the Arabian Gulf as long as 4,000 years ago.
- Taxis are the most common way of getting around Dubai. There are more than 7,000 cabs operating in the emirate, all of which are regulated by the Government.
- Ramadan is the month when Muslims commemorate the Quran & observe the month of fasting. During this time visitors should refrain from eating & drinking in public during the period from sunrise to sundown.