Just back from New York
Just back from New York!
Where we stayed
In Chelsea at The Gem, 300 22nd Street. Brilliant location. Quiet street. Older hotel, small, personal, rooms really small, has a rooftop bar area (just being redone).
- Flying in to La Guardia at 8.00pm the pilot dipped the wings and gave me a view right across Manhattan.
- The man next to me in the window seat pointed out the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building!
- Our transfer driver (Iranian) gave us his refugee story.
- Driving down Lexington Avenue, seeing 5th Ave, so exciting!
- Sitting on a park bench in Central Park,
- Watching New York walk by, eating hot dogs and ketchup, and watching the remote yachts.
- The lights of Time Square. Broadway! The free view of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island ferry
- Walking the Brooklyn Bridge.Why I loved it
Safe! Can walk or use the subway - so very accessible. Amazing buildings and art and restaurants.
Frenetic. The people. Want to return in winter now.