Our expert tips, ideas & insider info for Australia
- For insight into one of Australia’s most talented contemporary artists, discover the home and studio of the late Brett Whiteley, one of Sydneys best-kept (free-to-visit) secrets.
- China Doll for modern Asian cuisine on Woolloomooloo Wharf, try the banquet
- The Glebe Tramsheds in the historical Forest Lodge Tramsheds is fabulous for food choices, try The Butcher and Farmer
- For best hidden bars in Sydney
- The Blender Studios Street Art Tour, led by actual artists, walking some of the most iconic laneways for street art with someone who has an intimate knowledge of, and participation in, the scene is an unrivalled experience.
- Abbotsford Convent, for food, art, architecture, or history, this is a spot for you
- Madam Brussels is the best place to watch the sunset, make sure you book
- For best hidden bars in Melbourne
- To view the city from the water, take the local City Cat or a River Cruise Tour.
- Head up to Mt Coot-tha Lookout for stunning views to the coast and the hinterland.
- Swim at the charming Historic Spring Hill Baths
- Check out the view at Soleil Rooftop Pool Bar, South Bank