Top 10 travel tips for Hawaii
1) Check with our travel experts when it comes to booking room types i.e. partial ocean view, ocean view and ocean front, also city view.
2) Be prepared for long queues at immigration on arrival but the staff are polite, unlike Los Angeles.
3) Recommended restaurants: Dukes for a real beachfront dining experience; Lulu’s Sports Bar to watch the ice-hockey.
4) A Pearl Harbour tour is a must. The ½ day trip gives you plenty of time to experience the USS Bowfin submarine and USS Arizona Memorial battleship. Full day trips are available, however the half day is more than sufficient.
5) Circle Island Tour is a full day 9 hour tour of Ohau, taking in the famous North Beaches, Dole Pineapple Factory, and The Macadamia Nut shop. Take the lunch- included option or you will be waiting 45mins for a burger.
6) Tipping: Carry a little cash in small note dominations. If a porter touches your bag a tip is expected. Get used to it. It is a way of life in most of the world.
7) Like most cities around the world expect to see homeless people dumpster-diving.
Be aware, but do not feel threatened.
8) Don’t forget your ESTA (which we can arrange) and we strongly recommend travel insurance. No insurance no treatment!
9) Waikiki beach is full of fun, from beach volley ball(even if just watching) to paddle boarding and surf lessons. Don’t forget to pack your thong which is the main trend on the beach.
10) If departing on the late Air NZ flight at 11pm have a meal before heading to the airport and take a good book as most shops, bars and eateries close at 9pm.