Your Home Away from Home Cruising
I have been in Tauranga recently to meet with the Oceania Cruises Director who was in New Zealand promoting their newest ship, MARINA.
Marina - Built 2011, a small ship at only 65,000 tones, length 774 feet, 11 guest decks, Guest number 1,258, Staff 800 and 400 of these staff work in the gallery..
Points of Distinction:
Finest Cuisine at Sea, served in six distinctive open-seating restaurants
- Grand Dining room - Gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner. 6 appetisers and 9 main courses to choose from daily. Elegant custom designed fine china,
- crystal and silver.
- Polo Grill - Finest steakhouse at sea, Prime aged cuts of meat; succulent seafood. Club-like ambiance with leather chairs, rich woods. Red Ginger - Lobster Pad Thai cuisine, contemporary/vibrant setting/inviting ambiance.
- Terrace Cafe - casual yet gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Toscana - Gourmet Italian cuisine and authentic family recipes, 8 course menu featuring Tuscan specialities, choose your Olive oils from a menu.
- Jacques - casual French classics taken to new heights, Master Chef Jacques Pepin’s first restaurant on land or sea, Parisian ambiance, atmosphere and experience.
- Privee and La Reserve are the two lavish venues. Over the top decadent, 10 course meal. The most exclusive wining and dining venues at sea. Small change applies.
Acclaimed Canyon Ranch Spa Club treatments and cuisine. Elegant Midship featuring Large-Ship amenities. The World’s most alluring and desirable ports of call. Country club-casual ambiance; tuxedos and gowns are never
Artist Loft - Hands-on instruction from superbly talented artists-in-residence. Learn to paint with watercolours, create arts and crafts, needlepoint, sketch and more. Bon Appetit Culinary centre - The only hands-on cooking school at sea, state-of-the-art studio, 24 work stations. Instruction from Master Chefs from around the world, and including shoreside events and market tours.
Stateroom amenities - tranquillity bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive with 700-thread-count linen, refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and water, full size bathtub, French-milled toiletries, LCD flat-screen television, floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows. 96% of all accommodations feature private verandahs.
The pricing will be very similar to the other Oceania ships in 2011 but for a more luxurious ship, with larger cabins. Nothing quite like MARINA has ever existed before. So make 2011 your year to cruise with the best.