1. We are a travel agent and in that capacity we offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our Principals; airlines, other transport operators, hotels and other accommodation providers, tour operators and all other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as "the Principal/s".
1.1 Our services consist of arranging and co-ordinating the services offered by the Principals. We are instrumental in bringing about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and the Principals. We undertake to perform these services with reasonable care and skill but we cannot and do not guarantee the performance of the functions offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In any such case your remedy will lie against the Principal.
1.2 You should be aware that the brochures and/or websites that we supply to you are the brochures and/or websites of our Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. In many cases we have no first-hand knowledge of the facilities or services referred to therein. We are merely passing on to you the Principals' instructions and we accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures and/or websites.
2. Please note that initial deposits to confirm reservations are non-refundable. The booking fee is also non-refundable.
2.1 Once you pay for your booking (whether in full or in part): (a) you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood these general terms and conditions; and any terms and conditions imposed by Third Party Suppliers, for whom we act as Agent; (b) you enter into a legally binding contract to acquire the relevant travel or travel related products and/or services with the Third Party Suppliers. (c) if you make a booking on behalf of someone, you warrant that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of that person to be bound by World Travellers' general terms and conditions and the relevant Third Party Suppliers' terms and conditions
2.2 Payment of a deposit enables World Travellers to hold a reservation for you but does not guarantee the fare and/or price. The fare and/or price can only be guaranteed once we receive full payment and tickets and/or other travel documents have been issued. All prices are subject to change and availability (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even where your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price increases are beyond our control. The best way to avoid any possible price increases is to pay immediately upon booking.
2.3 World Travellers will advise you of the date that full payment is required. Additional deposits for certain travel arrangements may also be required by Third Party Suppliers. Failure to make payment in full by the due date may result in the forfeiture of any deposit paid, and, a cancelled booking.
Price and Payment
3. If payment has not been made by the specified date, bookings may be cancelled.
3.1 Payments may be made by cash or cheque, electronic payment or EFTPOS. Please note that electronic payments may take up to 3 business days to process, therefore you will need to allow sufficient time for payment to be cleared before the actual due date. If you wish to pay by credit card a Handling Fee will apply where the Principals do not accept credit card payments for their products and/or services. Please check with your travel consultant for the specific details relating to a travel costing or confirmation if you wish to pay by credit card. Personal cheques will not be accepted within 10 days of departure, as it may take this long for cheques to clear.
3.2 We reserve the right to refuse personal cheques. You agree not to stop payment of the cheque even when you cancel a booking. You agree that World Travellers may apply the proceeds of the cheque to satisfy any liability you may have to us and the Third Party Suppliers.
3.3 Please note that even after full payment, the conditions of the contract between you and the Third Party Suppliers may permit them to increase the cost of your arrangements. We will pass on any such increase to you.
4. We recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy upon payment of your deposit. You should ensure that such insurance will protect you against cancellation and loss of deposits or payments prior to departure due to unforseen circumstances, medical expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and protect you also against loss of or damage to your belongings. Please check natural disaster coverage and length of duration coverage.
4.1 Travel insurance is a vital part of your arrangements. We strongly recommend that you have taken out adequate insurance for the duration of your journey. Travel insurance is a mandatory element for some travel arrangements. We can arrange travel insurance for you and can provide you with a quote and answer any queries you may have regarding the insurance we offer.
5. Cancellation fees are likely to be incurred on all confirmed reservations or bookings. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferrable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations.
5.1 Your contract with your Third Party Suppliers will allow suppliers to cancel or amend bookings. We will ensure that you are promptly notified of any significant changes, but accept no liability for any changes or costs incurred which may result.
5.2 Despite anything to the contrary in these general terms or conditions, changes beyond our control to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to compensate you in any way, if a significant change is made to your booking for reasons beyond our control. These include: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, health risks, and changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or alteration of the airline or aircraft type; closed or congested airports or ports, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar event.
5.3 If you cancel your booking, the cancellation terms and conditions of your Third Party Suppliers will apply as well as World Travellers' cancellation fees. World Travellers' cancellation fee is a minimum of $100 per person and a maximum of 10% of the total value. This fee is in addition to Third Party Supplier cancellation fees.
5.4 We need to receive from you written notification of cancellation and your original ticket/voucher before any refund can be considered. If you decide to cancel your booking before the due date for full payment, any deposits paid are non-refundable.
5.5 Refunds will only be paid to you once we have received the funds back from Third Party Suppliers. Generally flight tickets cannot be refunded if they are partially used. In most cases fees will be payable for cancellations and in some instances you may not be able to claim a refund.
5.6 If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your travel insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim your cancellation charges from your insurer.
Changes in Reservations
6. If you wish to change a confirmed reservation you are likely to incur fees. In some cases it may not be possible to change reservations or to cancel the reservation or it may be uneconomic for you to do so. You should always check the cost before requesting changes in reservations.
6.1 If you wish to change your bookings and such a change is permitted and possible, World Travellers will charge you a service fee to process the change. You may also be charged a service fee by your Third Party Supplier. Please note that all reservation changes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the products/services purchased. If you would like to change your bookings, please contact World Travellers.
6.2 If abroad, please contact the provider directly or World Travellers.
7. If you have booked a flight and we are alerted to a significant schedule change by your airline before you depart from New Zealand, we will contact you by email to advise you of this. Please ensure that you have given your contact email address to World Travellers and that you regularly check for messages before you leave. World Travellers has no control over airline schedule changes and accepts no liability for costs which may arise as a result of such changes. After you have departed New Zealand, it is your responsibility to check with the airline that any onward flights you have confirmed are operating as booked. We strongly recommend that you contact your airline at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure of each flight to do this. Please note that for some airlines it is mandatory to confirm with them your intention to fly.
8. We have taken all reasonable care to make sure that all the services that make up the arrangements made by World Travellers are provided by efficient and reputable businesses. These businesses should follow the local and national laws and regulations of the country where they operate. However, please be aware that overseas safety standards may be lower than in New Zealand. You acknowledge and agree that World Travellers does not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of Third Party Suppliers. To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss and damage), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by you using our services. If you acquire our service for business purposes, then the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded (if otherwise applicable). In circumstances where liability of World Travellers cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. World Travellers reserves the right to decline to provide services to any individual.
Passport and Visa Requirements
9. Prior to confirming your travel arrangements, you should check your Passport and establish that it will remain current for the entire period of your travel as well as that your booking is made under the same name as stated in your Passport.
9.1 Certain countries require that your Passport remains valid for a period of up to six months after the date upon which you are scheduled to leave such country. If your Passport expires less than six months after the date you are scheduled to leave such country you may be denied entry to that country.
9.2 You should clarify visa requirements with the Embassies of the countries that you plan to visit as certain countries may require you to take out a visa whether you are travelling on a New Zealand or a foreign passport.
9.3 The authorities in some countries (including Australia and USA) require holders of New Zealand passports to take out a visa for entry into their country where the traveller has been sentenced to imprisonment or been convicted of certain types of criminal offence. A visa may also be required where the traveller has a contagious disease of a specific type. From the 12th of January 2009 it will be mandatory for those intending to enter the USA under the Visa Waiver Scheme to complete the Visa Waiver Card online. Please refer to the official website esta.cbp.dhs.gov and complete the Visa Waiver Card. This is mandatory for all passengers not holding a Visa for the USA or a USA passport.
9.4 It is your responsibility to fulfil the passport, visa and other immigration requirements for all transiting and stopover destinations applicable to your itinerary. You should confirm these with the relevant High Commissions, embassies and/or consulates. We do not accept any responsibility in the case of you being unable to travel due to not complying with any such requirements.
Re-entry Visas for New Zealand
10. Re-entry visas will be required for travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport. If you are a New Zealand citizen holding a foreign passport issued by a country which does not recognise dual citizenship you will not be granted a visa allowing you to re-enter New Zealand on your foreign passport after travelling overseas. N.B. It is most important that you make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself as to the position in regard to your passport and/or visa requirements before leaving New Zealand.
Travel advice and vaccinations
11. Certain countries require that travellers be vaccinated against specific diseases. Check with your doctor and the Embassies of countries to which you are to travel to satisfy yourself as to whether your destination has any requirements in this respect.
12. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regard to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings.
12.1 The name in your booking must be exactly the same as your passport. Changes to name details are not allowed by many airlines and Third Party Suppliers. Whilst we will do our best to make such a change if necessary, please bear in mind that most airlines and Third Party Suppliers treat a name change as a cancellation, to which standard cancellation conditions and charges would apply.
13. Travel documentation will not be issued until full payment with cleared funds is received. Your travel documents are valuable and should be safeguarded as if they were cash. It is not always possible to replace travel documents in the case of loss, theft, damage etc.
Frequent Flyer Numbers
14. Please advise us before you depart if you belong to a frequent flyer programme so we may load your frequent flyer numbers into your flight reservation. From time to time points are not captured by the airlines, so it is important that you present your frequent flyer card each time you check-in and retain all boarding passes as proof of travel. World Travellers accepts no responsibility for frequent flyer points being credited to your account and we do charge a fee for any research required to provide evidence of your travel where boarding passes are not retained.
14.1 If you do not belong to a frequent flyer programme please ask us for advice on the different options and the appropriate application forms or online sites.
14.2 If you intend on using points from your frequent flyer programme to upgrade your flight ticket or to buy a ticket, please advise your travel consultant at the time of booking, as some airfares are not eligible for upgrades.
15. Departure taxes for most countries are included in your airline ticket. Confirm this with your travel consultant at World Travellers.
15.1 Local travel and airport taxes and charges may apply in various overseas countries. Unless otherwise stated, these taxes are not included as part of the fees. Taxes and duties may need to be paid in local currency at the time of departure and are subject to change without notice.
16. First Class: 40 to 50 kg free baggage allowance per person, depending on airline. Business Class: 30 to 40 kg free baggage allowance per person, depending on airline. Economy Class: 20 to 30 kg free baggage allowance per person, depending on airline. Hand luggage: 7 kg free baggage allowance per person. Low cost carriers and most airlines in the USA have extra fees for checked baggage, please ensure you are fully aware of costs. Please check the website for each airline to confirm luggage dimension and weight allowances.
17. Flights must be taken in the sequence they appear on your ticket or e-ticket confirmation. If you plan not to take a flight as booked, please contact the airline as far in advance as possible to discuss your options. If you do not check in on time for a confirmed reservation, the airline may register you as a no-show, which could result in extra charges and/or your whole flight itinerary being cancelled and/or render your ticket void.
Select your nearest store
Switching stores shortly...
This will change how you experience the site - are you sure you want to switch stores?