A flying first visit to New York
I recently had a flying visit to New York and opted to purchase the New York Explorer Pass for my first visit. New York definitely offers a wide choice of activities regardless of tastes or budgets, and this pass offers 58 of them that includes bus tours, bike hire, museum entry, boat trips and more! Passes are available for 3-10 attractions and are valid for 30 days from your first visit.
My highlights would have to include...
* Guggenheim Museum – for the architecture as well as the art.
* Neue Gallerie - most famous for housing Klimt’s painting of Adele Bloch Bauer – better known as “The Woman in Gold”
* The 9/11 Museum - very moving and informative memorial.
* Top of the Rock and the Empire State Building - if time allows, visit one at night and the other during the day for amazing city wide views. If your time is short, my pick would be The Top of the Rock for the informative displays.
* For stunning architecture, check out the Central Library and Grand Central Station (don't forget to try the “Whispering Corners” for yourself).
* And of course, a Broadway Show is a must - I saw Kinky Boots, which was excellent! I's highly recommend pre-booking your tickets before leaving New Zealand if you have your heart set on one particular show to avoid disappointment.
And last bit of advice.... pack comfortable shoes for all that walking – there's still Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Times Square and shopping to do too!